All Mill heaters sold up to and including the 2016/2017 season are Generation 1 heaters.
Starting from the 17/18 season all Millheaters manufactured will be Generation 2 heaters. The design will stay the same, but the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) will be new, enabling new functionality for the WiFi heaters:
- Calibration of the heaters via the Millheat app
- Turn the heaters on/off via the Millheat app
- Adding off mode in your programs
- Adding independent heaters
- Converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit
The Generation 2 heaters will also be compatible with WiFi protocol 80211.b/g/n, while the Generation 2 is compatible with 80211.b/g.