If you have trouble with connecting your Mill WiFi heater to the Millheat app do as follows:
For specific WiFi-router, please see the list below:
A: Possible incorrect settings on the WiFi router:
- Generation 1 heaters communicate solely on 2,4 Ghz and b/g mode, while Generation 2 heaters (serial number SKAH) communicates on 2,4 Ghz b/g/n. Make sure the WiFi router broadcast b/g signal. You can check this by accessing your WiFi router through your computer. Turn of “Mixed b/g/n” if that is an option, and make sure it only distributes “b/g” (you can change back to b/g/n when your finished installing)
- Some routers broadcast two different networks:
- 2,4 Ghz network (the network you MUST be connected to when installing the heater)
- 5 Ghz network (the network you shall NOT be connected to when installing the heater)
Try to connect the heater when you have made these changes (remember to reset the heater before you try to connect).
B: Try to reset the Mill heater:
- Turn off the Mill heater (ON/OFF switch on the right side of the heater).
- Push the settings button while you turn the heater on again
- You can release both buttons when you see the display reset (lights on the display is blinking).
- Try to connect the heater to the Millheat app.
C: Try alternative installation method in the Millheat app:
The Millheat app does also have an alternative installation method you can try. You can find an installation guide in the Millheat app:
- Select settings icon on the home screen (three lines in the top left corner).
- Select “Alternate WiFi configuration” and follow the instructions.
D: Troubleshoot with hotspot (for Generation 1 only):
If none of the instructions above helps you out, we need to make sure if the problem is located in the WiFi module of the heater, or if there is a settings error on your WiFi router. To troubleshoot you can try to use another cellphone as a “shared internet/ hotspot”. To do this do the following:
- Use another cellphone to create a “shared internet/ hotspot”
- Connect the cellphone where you have downloaded the Millheat app to the “shared internet/ hotspot” you just created.
- Access the Millheat app and select “Add heater” and follow the instructions
- If you can connect to the heater there is no problem with the WiFi module in the heater, and the error is located in the settings of the WiFi router.
- If you cannot connect to the heater on the “shared internet/ hotspot” contact the store where you purchased the product.
NB! The range of the WiFi signal on the heater is lower than what you experience with for example cell phones. Make sure that the heater, phone and WiFi router are close to each other when installing. If you experience a weak WiFi signal we recommend increasing the signal by using a WiFi range extender (repeater/extender) to make sure the heaters have a stabile signal.